Friday, January 7, 2011

Whew on Day 177!

The website is launched and it's time to take a deep breath!!

For those who are interested, the site's at www.parkviewchurch.com. The first page is geared toward visitors...to give them a sense of who we are and to make them feel welcome.  The meat of the site is at the campus level. (Orland Park is the largest campus with the most content.) We worked with a fantastic company called AspireOne to develop the structure and design, and then we added content, images, and video. It will always be a work in progress, but we're pretty thrilled with the results and pray that God will use the site to bring people to Himself.

Well, it's Friday morning and officially one full week since I last checked in.  And I haven't even had the opportunity to keep up with other blogs. I have literally been sitting in front of the computer working for most of my waking moments over the last week. I plan to rectify both of these situations moving forward!

Because of the large weight loss figure that I posted last week (5 lbs!!!), I really didn't expect much of a loss this week, especially since the extent of my exercise has been to walk from the bed to computer...computer to car...car to office...office to bathroom...bathroom to office...office to car...car to computer...well, you get the picture!  Food has been spot on, between 1,000 and 1,400 calories every day.  But there hasn't been alot of movin' going on.

So when I weighed in this morning and saw another 2 lbs. loss I was pretty much overjoyed! This is extremely happy dance worthy!!

This weekend, it's going to be all about relaxing, catching up on my blog reading, and spending some serious time with my guy. Sounds heavenly!

77 lbs. lost to date and moving downward!

Good morning and God bless...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Karyn! First let me just say that you described accurately the amount of exercise I get. Going from bed to car to work to home, etc is how I get less than 5000 steps a day. This year I will be working to get 2 Million steps which is an average of 5480 steps/day. In that routine, I will need to find my way to the treadmill and often.

    Secondly, congratulations on another two pounds. You are doing fantastic!

    I had to check out the website since it has been consuming all of your time. It's great! Easy on the eyes, I like the format and it looks like a lot of good content. Your church seems like a fun, family community. Nice job on the website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome progress - how great of an accomplishment is that!
    And I, too and chilling and relaxing after a week of more of headaches!
    And blog reading!
    zzzzzzz!

    ReplyDelete