Friday, January 28, 2011

Checking in on Day 198

Another lb. gone.  82 lbs. total.  On paper, it really should have been more.  But sometimes our bodies just don't get the memo about the math.  It's true that weight loss can be somewhat predictable, but it's definitely not an exact science.  That's why it's important to not put too much stock in the scale.  What's important is to treat ourselves well by eating healthy foods, drinking lots of water, and gettin' it into gear.  Just do what's right for no other reason than it's right. 

Had a pretty stressful week. Lots of work and I conducted 6 interviews for the open position in my department.  Will do a few second interviews next week and then make a decision.  I'm really looking forward to the help.

I did alot of running around today getting ready for the weekend services.  Up and down the stairs...back and forth to the resource room...to and from my team's offices.  I'm still really amazed at how easy that has become. I don't even give it a thought anymore.  I just go. I just do.

I'm closing in on day number 200 of the new and improved me. I look alot different.  But the major changes have taken place inside.  I can be strong and disciplined. I can learn what's best for me, and I can follow through. I can deal with my feelings and emotions without turning to food.  Who knew?

So doing really well in some areas.  Need to work harder in others, like toning exercises.  It's not life or death, but I'd like to replace some of the departing fat with emerging muscle.  That'd be cool.

Tomorrow, God willing, we get up and start again.  Make good choices and try to lay our heads on our pillows at night with no regrets.  Or at least with fewer than the day before. 

Hope it's been a good week for you, friends. Hope you're closer to where you want to be.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another pound gone Karyn. You've done so well in 200 days, it is truly inspiring.

    Even with only 39 lbs gone, I notice more energy that I had last year. Many things are still hard to do, but some are now done with more ease. I'm not running up the stairs yet, but less pain than before.

    Good luck with the hiring process and hope you find someone that likes to work.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete