Friday, January 21, 2011

Progress Photos on Day 191

Life in food and water land is going along very well.  Exercise is even getting better, though that will truly be a continued struggle moving forward.  I need to kick it in gear there...especially toning.

Happy to log another 2 lb. loss. 
That's 81 lbs. to date.


One of the things I've been thinking about lately is the pros and cons of continuing to blog. This was so incredibly helpful to me early on.  It helped me learn about myself and stay on track.

Now though, I find it a struggle to think of things to say.  Because truth be told, I find myself continuing to journal, but now it's mostly offline.  And it's less about food, and much more about very personal reflection that I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing here out of respect for other people, or because of the intimate nature of my thoughts. 

So then I struggle to think of what I can say here to help other people on this road, and I'm finding that to be increasingly tough.

When I look back, my journey has been pretty boring in terms of inspiration.  It's really been eat less, move more, and drink water.  I've logged a loss every single week since I started, but I've had nothing really concrete to share in terms of how I did it.  No great food suggestions...no recipes. No nuts and bolts.

Just eat less and move more.

There are so many blogs out there that are so very helpful and really inspirational in terms of the struggle and overcoming. My journey has not been like that.  It's actually embarrassing to me how relatively easy this has been in comparison to others. I fear that could actually end up being a discouragement, which is the very last thing I would want to do.

Anyway, these are just thoughts I've been having.  One thing for sure, I plan to spend more time reading the blogs of my friends and making more comments there.  I think that could potentially be more encouraging than my random thoughts here.

Oh yeah...here are a couple of progress photos.  Still HATE taking pictures!!

Have a great day and God bless...

4 comments:

  1. Karyn - I've been meaning to email you forever...but it's amazing how the days just slip away. Busy-ness...something I'm hoping to work on this year for sure.
    I, too, was struggling with the blog thing...not just my weightloss (or lack of) blog...but my family blog as well. So I've given them both up. It may be for just a season...I'm not sure. But it's been quite freeing, in my schedule and my "head space" if that makes any sense at all. I'll miss your blog...but that just means we'll have to email more. :)
    btw...You look absolutely AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one, would miss your posts. I like to read about successes as it inspires to keep going when I am struggling. Your time is yours however and whatever you decide I know it will be best for you.

    The photos look great and really tell a story. You're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, wow, great progress pics! I love seeing the physical transformation! It makes things so much more real.

    Now, I am not gonna try to talk you out of doing what your heart says, but I have to tell you, I for one love your blog. Those of us on a lifestyle change journey need as much reassurance as possible that it is doable. That is what your blog brings to this community. It is not always a struggle, it isn't always about turmoil and strife. It can go easy if you make it that way, and your actions are the first step. That is what I get from your blog. You literally are doing the two simplest steps to weight loss and lifestyle change, and showing that they do work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mom, you're amazing! amazing period. you need to do what is best for you. i know what shane is talking about when he says that you bring a lot to the weight-loss community...but you need to focus on what's best for you. your work load is insane. and if blogging is just adding one more "thing-to-do"...don't. take care of yourself and dad. you're doing an amazing job and we all love you!!!!!

    sabrina

    ReplyDelete