Monday, June 6, 2011

Off to a Good Start!

I'm really happy I hooked up with this fine group of ladies.  I think this is going to be just what the doctor ordered to get rid of these last stubborn 25 lbs!

First, I'd like to thank everyone for your kind anniversary wishes!  Yesterday was pretty much a perfect day.  At church, it just so happened that we were finishing up a marriage series and at the end of the service, our pastor called up any married folks who wanted to renew their vows.  That turned out to be pretty cool for us, seeing as it was our actual anniversary! So after we reconfirmed the fact that we really meant it when we said "till death do us part," Bill surprised me with lunch in Greektown.  We haven't been down there in decades, but he remembered that we used to go there often when we were dating and he thought it would be special, which it totally was!  After that we went to see "The Tree of Life" in Lincoln Park.  A simply incredible movie. I think I'll need to see it again at least two or three more times to even begin to grasp all the nuances, but at its very core is a beautiful message of love, hope, and grace.

OK...on to the challenge lowdown for day 1.  I weighed myself this morning and am starting out at 104 lbs. lost.  That's my day 1 benchmark.  The goal is to add 25 numbers to that tally by the end of this thing, so here we go!!

I am soooooooo not big on pictures, and I totally stink at the whole "take your picture in the bathroom mirror" thing, but this is the best I could come up with. 

I'll have to get Bill to take the next one. :-) (I'm pretty happy with these size 14 jeans, though!  First time since I was a young lass!!)

StS Report for Monday, June 6th:

Calories:1,241
Water:80 oz.
Bike:30 min.
Challenge Loss:0
Total Loss: 104 lbs.

I so hope all the challengers are off to a good start, and that tomorrow brings us all closer to where we want to be.  I'm going to make the rounds now and see how everyone's doing.

Good night and God bless...

1 comment:

  1. Aww that is sweet Karyn! I am hoping that I am in enough money after law school to renew my 10 year vows with Kathy and whisk her off to Italy for our anniversary.

    ReplyDelete