It's been a while since I've been on here.
Though the weight loss has slowed down, things are going well. 5 more lbs. gone since the last time I posted. 105 lbs. less of me.
I'm not where I want to be just yet, but I feel like I've turned a corner. I'm healthier than I've been in a very long time and that in itself makes every minute of this journey worth it.
I've not only lost 105 lbs., but I've gained more than the equivalent in terms of understanding who I am and what I'm capable of. I understand more deeply the God who loves me and wants the very best for me.
I don't know how many more pounds I want to lose. I know it will not be about a number on the scale. That's why I've never posted on here what I weighed when I started, or what I weigh now. Because it doesn't matter.
It will probably be around 20 more lbs., and then we'll see. I'm wearing many things now that are a size 14. I just bought biking shorts that are a size Medium, and they're perfect.
So for me, it will be more about how I look in my clothes and how I feel when I look in the mirror. I will continue to have a "forever" relationship with my scale because it will help me keep from ever letting the pounds creep up again. I will never let that happen, and the scale will help me stay healthy.
So my relationship with food remains stable. I'm still hanging out at 1,200 calories. I'm still focusing on eating fresh, healthy foods. Those are the kinds of foods I actually crave. And I crave water...bottle after bottle throughout the day. It's a beautiful thing.
This next season of my journey will be about exercise. About moving. About breathing. About doing physical activities that were absolutely impossible 8 or 9 months ago. That's not as easy for me as changing my relationship with food has been. This will be more of a struggle. But I'm looking forward to it. I plan to embrace it.
I'll be on here more often as I make this transition. I will need to work things out in my head.
I'll also be on here more because I have a very good friend who is at a crossroad, and I plan on being here to encourage him every step of the way.
I'm so thankful for my life. I thank God for my family and friends. I thank Him for His blessings and for the things He tries to teach me, even when the lessons are painful and uncomfortable.
Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
Awesome progress!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are so full of gratitude.
It shows!
You are an inspiration-to more people than you know. The scale used to be my friend, then I became incredibly "lazy" with my lifestyle. No time for eating right or exercising- now I pay a price.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks-Love ya
Mark