What an outstanding week!
Food and water have been on track. Exercise continues to be a work in progress. I bought a bike so Bill and I can ride this summer. We tried to go out last weekend but he got a flat tire and we had to walk back home. Exercise either way! Doesn't look good for this weekend, though...cold and rainy in Chicagoland.
Lost 1 lb. this week so the running total is 106 lbs.
So I have a friend who's dealing with some health issues. He had a pretty big scare but has already made some amazing improvements and is now firmly planted on the right path. One of the issues he's dealing with is type 2 diabetes. I was sharing with him my apprehension with doctors, and the fact that before I started this journey I was really scared about some symptoms I was having. My blood pressure was high, I had major headaches, heart palpitations, and I also had edema and numbness in my toes. I wondered at the time if I, too, was having issues with diabetes.
Since turning around my lifestyle with a commitment to healthy living and losing 106 lbs., all of the symptoms have gone away. But for some reason I'm still apprehensive about going to the doctor. I've promised I'll get there before the end of the year and I intend on following through. But my friend asked if I wanted him to test my blood sugar so I could at least know where I'm at. I was grateful for the opportunity.
I was so happy to learn that the 105 reading puts me in the normal range for adult women. I'm so relieved, and for some reason this knowledge will make it just a little easier to make that doctor appointment.
In other news, our baby girl graduated from college yesterday! Sierra is now an alum of Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, having worked full-time while in college and graduating with High Honors. We are so very proud of her!
I have said this before...we are so proud of all our kids and not because of the things they've done, but because they are all fine and honorable people with great big hearts!
Here's hoping you're all having a great weekend, and that the week ahead brings us all closer to our goals. God bless...

No comments:
Post a Comment